The new FD140i provides quick and simple transition between high flow and CPAP therapies for neonatal, paediatric and adult patients. CPAP options include Facemask CPAP, Helmet CPAP and Bubble PAP.
Reduced Healthcare Cost
The FD140i is a dual therapy flow driver including CPAP and HFOT.
A dual therapy flow driver has several cost benefits including:
- Reduced ICU cost. No delay in escalation or weaning of respiratory therapy between CPAP & HFOT. May help prevent or reduce ICU length of stay. The difference between level 2 & 3 critical care is £1100 per day in the UK.
- Reduced consumable cost. Our dual therapy AquaVENT® heated wire circuit can be used for both High Flow and CPAP and can reduce NIV therapy costs by up to 50%.
- Reduced waste. Reduction in length of stay, dual therapy breathing circuit and optimal flow can help reduce plastic and oxygen waste.
Safe and Effective CPAP
“The apparent failure of CPAP treatment may be taken to mean that CPAP as a concept is not of clinical value, it may be that unrecognized under performance of the CPAP generator is the problem.” G. W. Glover et al.
Assessing the performance of the Whisperflow® continuous positive airway pressure generator: a bench study.
G. W. Glover and S. J. Fletcher. Read the full paper.
“Both failure to provide the desired CPAP (unrecognized under treatment) and an absolute increase in respiratory work (asphyxiation at high peak inspiratory flow and increased expiratory work) are potential pitfalls.” GD. Chiumello et al.
A systematic technical review of the systems for the continuous positive airway pressure.
GD. Chiumello et al. Read the full paper.
“The FD140i offers enhanced visibility of the patients work of breathing and response to the CPAP therapy.”
Clinical Summary – FD140i Delivering Safe & Effective CPAP.
- Improved visibility with a 7 inch multi-colour screen with higher resolution to aid remote visibility.
- More precise patient-centric parameters. Improved control of flow and oxygen with single digit increment adjustments.
- Improved breath by breath sensitivity, including low tidal volume newborns.
- Enhanced alarm features with visual and audible 2-tier priority alarms.
- Extended battery life for a minimum of 60 minutes with improved colour-coded battery status indicator. Red light indicator for a battery level of below 20%.
- 6 modes for CPAP, CPAP paediatric, CPAP Helmet, Bubble PAP, HFOT and POINT.
FD140i Clinical Summary
- Dimensions: 236 x 138.5 x 260mm
- Weight, net: 4.8 to 5.3kg (depending on selected options)
- Screen: 7 inch Colour TFT LCD
- Pole mount for secure mounting to drip stand* (*not included)
- Integrated drug nebuliser port
- Air supply connection: NIST
- Accuracy Oxygen Sensor: +/- 2 %
- Mains Power: 90 – 240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Battery: Rechargeable Li-Ion 2600 mAh Nominal
- Operating time: 60 minutes minimum with fully charged battery
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch and Italian
FD140i Flow Driver
Gas Flow Driver with Pole Mount and Hoses (complete UK system)
Box Quantity: 1
FD140i Flow Driver
Gas Flow Driver with Pole Mount and Hoses (complete EU system)