In October 2018 Armstrong Medical hosted a seminar on the peri-operative application of POINT high-flow system including THRIVE technique for ENT, Neuro and Dental procedures. We welcomed 8 international speakers, detailing example cases and the use and benefits of the POINT system. This seminar was also our first live stream which let us share this learning experience with partners world wide.
Topics and speakers at our Seminar were:
- “Tubeless operation in upper Airway surgery using STRIVE-HI.” by Dr. Nabil Shallik, Consultant Anaesthetist, Rumailah Hospital, Qatar.
- “Peri-Operative Nasal Flow Therapy in laryngeal surgery.” byDr. Isabel García-López, Otolaryngologist, La Paz University Hospital, Madrid.
- “What’s the POINT? Why, When and How: the nuts and bolts of High Flow Nasal Oxygen in Anaesthesia Care.” by Dr. Stephen Mannion, Consultant Anaesthesiologist, South Infirmary-Victoria University Hospital, Cork.
- “Improving safety, patient outcomes and service delivery in Special Care Dentistry using High Flow Nasal Oxygen.” by Dr. Mary Molloy, Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast.
- “Intraoperative High Flow Oxygen Therapy in Bariatric Surgery: A new hope.” by Dr. E Salas Rezola, Specialist in Anaesthesiology, Surgical Critical Care and Pain Therapy, University Hospital Alicante.
- “Apneic POINTed Oxygenation and High Flow.” by Dr. Kemal Tolga Saracoglu, Secretary of European Airway Management Society & Head of Anaesthesia and Reanimation at Health Sciences Uni Derince.
- “High Flow Nasal Oxygenation during awake Craniotomy.” by Dr. Catriona Kelly, Consultant, Critical Care and Anaesthesia, Belfast Trust.
“Use of HFNO (High Flow Nasal Oxygen Therapy) in immediate post op recovery.“ by Dr. Ramesh Ekambaram, Consultant Anaesthetist Pennine Acute NHS trust.
The feedback of visitors and speakers alike was excellent, thank you to everyone involved to make such high-level learning sessions possible!
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in our events. #