Many of the Armstrong Medical Breathing Systems, for example our AquaVENT® Heated Breathing Systems range, are protected by BioCote®, an antimicrobial silver additive to limit the numbers of microbes on the surface of the breathing circuit, protecting it from microbial colonisation.
Find out more about our products Protected by BioCote®
How BioCote® technology works
BioCote technology protects products by binding with microbes contaminating its surface. Microbes do not survive being exposed to BioCote® technology.
BioCote technology is an ideal way maintaining a more hygienic product surface between cleans.
- Is proven effective against a wide range of bacteria, fungi & viruses, including the H1N1 virus
- Reduces microbes by up to 99.99%
- Significant reductions within 15 minutes
- Up to 99.5% reduction in just 2 hours
- Works continuously for the expected lifetime of the product
Biocote® antimicrobial protection is effective against a board spectrum of micro – organisms:
- Clostridium difficile
- Salmonella entertidis
- Staph aureus
- Aspergillus niger
- Candida albicans
- Influenza A H1N1
- Legionella pneumophila
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Salmonella typhimurium
- Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus
- Aspergillus brasiliensis
- Penicillium sp.