Introducing our new AquaVENT® VT
Vapour permeable breathing circuits
Optimal humidity is essential in the management of invasively ventilated patients. However, with active humidification systems, water in the expiratory limb is often a problem. AquaVENT® VT is an advanced ventilator circuit that intuitively manages moisture throughout the system allowing you to focus on the patient. Like the entire AquaVENT® range, it is designed to get to the optimum therapy quickly and maintain it consistently.
Protected by BioCote®
AquaVENT® are the only critical care respiratory circuits with antimicrobial protection as standard.
All AquaVENT® circuits feature BioCote® silver ion technology giving them antimicrobial properties, creating a circuit upon which microbes cannot survive.
BioCote® is added to the polymer mix during manufacture making it an integral part of the circuit that cannot be scratched or wiped off.
Vapour Transmission (VT) - How does it work?
A vapour permeable expiratory limb allows the system to remain dry for the duration of the therapy. The unique layered design of our expiratory limb, which is heated above 40oC, achieves a high Moisture Vapour Transmission Rate (MVTR) letting the moisture vapour escape through the circuit wall. The circuit stays dry resulting in less filter changes & promotes a closed system.
- The expiratory limb remains absent of condensed water at ambient temperatures down to 20°C.
- This process of vapour permeability is not associated with loss of gas volume from the breathing circuit. It has no effect on ventilator performance or effectiveness under any clinical conditions.
- The high Moisture Vapour Transmission Rate (MVTR) is achieved through the unique properties of the layered structure of the expiratory limb.
- With circuit pressurisation and active heating of the expiratory limb, water vapour navigates a path through the layered structure.
- Water vapour is released to atmosphere.
Available for sale worldwide and nationally (available on NHS supply chain).