AMSORB® Plus Trial Guide
AMSORB® Plus has been shown to provide significant savings in Absorbent, Anaesthetic agent and disposal costs.
To demonstrate these savings run the AMSORB® Plus challenge to compare against current practice.
The AMSORB® Plus challenge has five stages:
Audit all current cost factors.
Create a cost benchmark per OR/month to measure Amsorb® Plus against.
- Engage all stake holders, (Procurement, Pharmacy, Clinical, Technical, Waste Management) to educate on the differences between and Sodalime.
- Seek acknowledgement on benefits, Patient safety, Environmental and Financial.
- Confirm that unit price may be more but the challenge will seek to prove that when all cost factors are considered will cost less.
- Confirm that the stake holders will implement if this proves the case
- Gain commitment to change practice for AMSORB® Plus,
- Replace only on FiCO2 0.5,
- Dispose in non-hazardous waste, *If currently disposing soda lime in non-hazardous waste seek agreement that this is not in line with best practice.
- Identify project leads, brief and seek commitment for collection of data. Detail stickers for Absorbent cannisters and Agent bottles. Agree collection of disposed items.
- Recommended 2ORs for 4 weeks Sodalime and repeat for Amsorb.
- Select ORs busy every day and average operating time 1-4hrs.
- Avoid ORs with regular Regional/local Anaethesia, Sedation, procedures <1h.
- Collect data for Sodalime first, collate with empty cannisters and bottles. Complete each day, ensure Anaesthesia time is complete.
- Educate on change in protocol with Amsorb, Absorbent replacement & Disposal in non-hazardous waste.
- Confirm data sheets are complete and compare with empty cannisters, bottle.
- Send completed sheets to Armstrong.
- Armstrong will consolidate Data and present pack with highlights.
- Present back to stake holders.